Check out the fantastic photo above of the very first Opening Day game at Dodger Stadium, via @Dodgers_History on twitter.
- Via Pedro Moura at the OC Register, "Dodger Stadium renovations built for the fans, by a fan."
“I knew it as a fan first, and for me, that was huge,” (Janet Marie) Smith said. “I understood how different it was as a stadium compared to most places. There was no central entry, there was no moving upstairs. The problems were well-known. What the solutions were going to be took a little figuring out.”
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dodgers in better shape to withstand injuries."
“A lot of teams have things going on,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told reporters this week. “It’s really what Ned and his guys prepared for during the winter when you’re trying to build a team, build depth.”
- JP Hoornstra at the Daily Bulletin talks to AJ Ellis about some changes he is pondering.
“When I catch, I tend to put more of my weight on my left side,” Ellis said. “I’m carrying the heavier frame than most other catchers. All that pressure on my left side, it’s going to put a lot of stress in that area. It’s maybe something I need to reconsider — the way I catch, my stance — maybe even it out more 50-50. The way I like to catch, the way I’ve caught my whole life, is to have that weight loaded over there.”
- Andrew Grant at True Blue LA wonders, "What to expect from Chad Billingsley."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *