Even the Empire State Building got into the act. Last night, they lit the fabled building with Dodger Blue in honor of Jackie Robinson Day. Pic via @EmpireStateBldg on twitter.
- As I'm sure you know by now, Brian Wilson has returned to the Dodgers from the DL. In turn, Paco Rodriguez has been optioned back to AAA.
- Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider writes, "When Jackie realized his impact: Interview with Sharon Robinson."
“It was a whole dawning of a reality once he stepped out there and he understood the pressure he was under and that he was doing it not just for himself but an entire race, and he had no choice but to be successful because he was setting an example, and he wanted the doors to open up for others,” Sharon said. “It’s a gradual process. He learned it, and it added to the stress when he realized how much pressure he was under. But he had a wonderful support system and a wonderful partnership with my mother (Rachel) and wonderful partnership with (Dodger General Manager) Branch Rickey, so he persevered and was successful. Not to mention an incredible talent.”
- Chad Billingsley has run into a roadblock. Via Bill Plunkett on twitter, he stopped a bullpen session short and will have an MRI.
Chad Billingsley had his bullpen cut short at 20 pitches. Heading back to LA for dye-MRI tomorrow on elbow. Felt tightness/discomfort today
— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) April 15, 2014
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Don Mattingly: Yasiel Puig is 'fine' in wake of magazine revelations."
“He hasn’t changed since he’s been here, really. He’s still Yasiel. He’s been the same kind of kid, really, the whole time. Hopefully, from our standpoint, baseball-wise, he’s getting a little better all the time.”
- Via Ken Gurnick and Teddy Cahill at MLB.com, "Prospect Pederson stays hot for Albuquerque."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *