Just Puig being Puig. What a play by Puig on Miguel Montero's drive down the line. Watch it here. Gif via Dodger Dugout.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kershaw goes 'full effort' in simulated game."
"This was full effort for me," he said. "You can't simulate the adrenaline of a big league game. But as far as [a] 10 a.m. sim game, that's all I got."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dan Haren, ground ball pitcher."
"I'm trying to do what I did in the second half of last year, to focus on location and not focus on how hard I'm throwing. Really I'm just trying to focus on keeping the ball down," Haren said. "This year I've gotten a lot more ground balls. I don't know what I can attest that to, other than focusing on keeping the ball at the knees or below. I've tended to be a fly ball pitcher over my career, but this year I've gotten a few more ground balls."
- Via Anthony Witrado at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Beckett proving he's still part of plan."
"You're seeing him adapt to who he is right now," manager Don Mattingly said. "He's putting doubt in hitters' minds. It's two [good starts] in a row, so hopefully he's just building.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "J.P. Howell not concerned with being Dodgers only lefty reliever."
- Blue Skinny Fan shares his day at Frank & Sons for the Bill Russell and Don Newcombe signing, here.
- Yeah! Matt Kemp captures Juan Uribe in his newest outfit on Instagram.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *