Juan Uribe and Hyun-Jin Ryu share some tunes in the pic above, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Jeff Sullivan at FanGraphs takes a look at the curveball Brandon Hicks hit for a home run off of Clayton Kershaw on Sunday. It was a rare feat, indeed.
- Tracy Hackler at Panini's blog shares some preview pics of 2014 Prizm Baseball cards. Check out the Puig and Kershaw cards below.
- Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times, " Is there really any reason for Dodgers' concern over Kenley Jansen?"
“I’m not going to panic, I’m just going to go out there and just keep competing. I know who I am and what kind of stuff I have.”
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider interviewed Matt Kemp about playing in his 1,000th game.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Yasiel Puig is evolving fast."
“They pitched him like he’s going to chase and he’s quit chasing,” Mattingly said. “He’s made the adjustment. You see it with guys with that kind of talent. It’s just a matter of putting the mind to it. Yasiel’s smart. He just has to stay under control.”
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Ned Colletti urges more plate discipline from Dodgers."
"Sometimes that goes hand in hand with struggling because everybody tries to do too much and they try to do it too quickly inside an at-bat," Colletti said. "Sometimes, patience inside an at-bat can pay dividends. We see it all the time. When you see another team get a clutch it, most of the time it's been through a real good thought process that's had a dash of patience thrown in there."
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Matt Kemp is an offensive asset again for the Dodgers."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *