Yasiel Puig is on fire. Over the last 10 games he is batting .385 with 5 home runs, 14 RBI's and a 1.338 OPS. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/La Dodgers 2014.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Julio Urias in the flesh."
“I feel comfortable with my changeup right now, the breaking stuff,” Urias said. “I’m fighting a little with my fastball command right now.”
- Via Pedro Moura at the OC Register, "Bend it like Beckett: Curve fuels Dodger pitcher's resurgence." When AJ Ellis went down he put together a full report for Beckett.
“It was basically, ‘This is what you (expletive) need to do,’” Beckett said. “But he didn’t put it that brutally. He said, ‘Hey, I want to show you some numbers.’”
- Chuck Culpepper at Sports On Earth interviews Jackie Robinson's son in "Owning Up to History."
"You have to deal with it," Robinson said, the 4x4 bouncing along. "I'm not anything close to a doctor, but I know any doctor will tell you you've got to confront the trauma in order to heal." He spoke next of the reconciliation commissions of Rwanda and South Africa. "It's that reconciliation process that humanity, in many cases, has to go through -- in every society, whether it's European, American, American Indians, the Germans with Jews, or everywhere going all the way back. Attila the Hun and the Vikings were brutal. So all of that brutality has to be reconciled in order for the family of man to move forward, together."
- Via JP Hoornstra at the Daily News, "Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is listening to his critics."
- Chris Olds at Beckett shares some preview pics of a new Topps Baseball card product called Topps Dynasty. This will be a super high-end product - like a $1,000 a box. Check out the Sandy Koufax autographed card on the right.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Hyun-Jin Ryu on track for next week."
"We're pretty confident. His pen the other day was just ridiculous for a guy who hadn't thrown the ball in 10 days," manager Don Mattingly said. "He throws the ball wherever he wants. So, again, we'll just see where he's at [Saturday] as far as the way he feels. Everybody liked the way he threw the ball."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *