Yasiel Puig has certainly improved his batting eye this season. He's being more selective and taking more walks. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Hyun-jin Ryu to start Wednesday vs. Mets."
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dodgers certainly not playing with urgency."
"Until we can grind out wins, we're in trouble, from that standpoint," manager Don Mattingly said. "I think you've got to be ready to play every day, to play with some sense of urgency that every game's going to matter, every game's going to count, that you don't have time to wait. I don't think we can sit around and wait for a run."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "A change of scenery could do Chris Withrow a world of good."
As much as Dodger fans would like to see Withrow remain, the painful truth is that he needs to work on his command and control, and the best place to do this is at Albuquerque or Chattanooga, not at Dodger Stadium or any other major league ballpark. Some time away from the intense pressure of the Bigs could be exactly what the 25-year-old Austin, TX native needs to get back on track.
- SCP's auction came to a close this past weekend, and many of the items closed at record prices. The Sandy Koufax game jersey sold for $268,664.00, and the Don Drysdale gamer sold for $31,129.00. Check out my past post on this auction here and here, and here are a bunch of pics from a recent visit I made to the Newport Sports Museum that featured many of the auctioned items, here.
- The Kings lost the first one in Chicago on Sunday, but have no fear. They looked great in the loss - even on little rest after vanquishing the Ducks on Friday. Via Eric Duhatschek at The Globe and Mail, "Resilient L.A. defies the script, but still loses Game 1."
Considering they were playing for the second time in 40 hours, after taking their first two series to the limit, Sunday’s meeting with the Chicago Blackhawks was always going to be a wish-and-a-prayer sort of game for the Los Angeles Kings anyway. The Kings were hoping that they could come in and steal a game, even though they were theoretically running on fumes, and weirdly, they almost did.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *