Juan Uribe appeared to have re-injured his hamstring in last nights game. I wonder if Hanley Ramirez had something to do with that. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. The timing of the scuffle in AAA couldn't come at the worse time for Alexander Guerrero. With Uribe potentially heading to the DL, he was the most logical choice to be called up. Now, with his ear bitten off and just coming back from surgery, who knows?
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Juan Uribe strains right hamstring in win over Mets."
Uribe doubled down the left field line in the ninth inning, but limped into second base. He left the game after conferring with team trainers.
- Via Daniel Brim at Dodgers Digest, "The Resurgence of Josh Beckett’s Curveball."
- M Brown at Left Field Pavilion made a hilarious graphic commemorating yesterday's AAA brawl that resulted in bloodshed between Miguel Olivo and Alexander Guerrero. Check it out and laugh.
- Via Marty Noble at MLB.com, "Rewriting history, with Dodgers still in New York."
Now the reason for his early AM call: "If Sandy's there tonight, I want you to ask him a question for me." His wasn't a reference to Alderson, Duncan, Dennis or Alomar. There's only one Sandy he recognizes. "I wanna know if he ever thinks what it would have been like if the Dodgers had stayed."
"No," Sandy Koufax said. "I've never thought about it, and if I dreamed it, I don't remember."
- Guess who showed up on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon? That's right... Don Mattingly in a vintage 'stache. BTW, Josh Tucker at Dodger Insider has a full rundown on most of the events the Dodgers participated in during their off-day in New York on Monday.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *