Erisbel Arruebarrena joined the Dodgers last night, for the first time. He is welcomed by hurler Hyun-Jin Eyu in the photo above, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider tells us of a story in Dodger Insider Magazine featuring several unknown Dodger memorabilia items. It includes several videos featuring team historian Mark Langill describing them to us.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Lasorda, Hough to represent Dodgers at Draft." The draft starts on June 5th.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA writes, "Steve Cilladi seized his opportunity with Dodgers."
The Dodgers have a new face in their bullpen in 2014, but he's not a pitcher. Steve Cilladi, 27, is one of the bullpen catchers, and is really a jack of all trades in his first year as a major league coach.
"I never really had the talent to make it to the big leagues, and I understood that after my first year," Cilladi recaled. "I just made the conscious effort to take this wherever it leads me, and just gain the valuable experience of being a minor league player and see if it turns into something afterwards."
- Via Paul Hagen at MLB.com, "Dynamic Puig continuing growth on the field."
"If you work hard, hopefully you'll have success. That's one thing I've done. I don't think I'm in awe of being in the Major Leagues now. I feel like I belong. I've done the things I need to do. When you face Major League pitching it's never easy. You have to make adjustments and that's what I'm trying to do to compete. I just love playing baseball."
- I kid you not! Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Miguel Olivo wanted to be like Mike Tyson, without the ear biting." Eric shares a video of Olivo mentioned this. BTW, Miguel Olivo has been placed on the suspended list, via a Dodgers press release:
Today, the Albuquerque Isotopes, Triple-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, placed catcher Miguel Olivo on the suspended list. Olivo, who is on the Dodgers' 40-man roster, will remain suspended pending the completion of an investigation into the dugout altercation during yesterday's game at Salt Lake.
- Check out this amazing video that features one hour of San Diego surfing time collapsed, via Cy Kuckenbaker.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *