Chone Figgins is an on-base machine. His current on-base percentage is at a career high .452; primarily because he has walked in nearly a quarter of his plate appearances. Considering that he hadn't played ball all of last year, he has been surprisingly good as a reserve player. Photo above is from his opening at-bat last night via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- LA Kings defenseman and resident Dodger fan, Matt Greene doesn't have Time Warner either. Watch the press interview, here (it's at the end - at about the 8:25 mark), where he mentions that he can't watch his Dodgers. (BTW, you know he's a real fan because he proudly wears a well-worn Dodger cap) Via a tweet from Jill Painter Lopez of the LA Daily News:
.@lakings defenseman Matt Greene wore dodgers hat to presser. Asked if he watches dodgers on offday, he said: "I would if I had time Warner"
— Jill Painter Lopez (@jillpainter) May 22, 2014
- Tony Blengino at FanGraphs writes, "Quarterly Report: Yasiel Puig is Really Good."
His 2014 numbers are even better than last year’s, which were believed by many to have overly fueled by BABIP. What makes Puig tick, and how good could he eventually get?
- Via Ron Cervenka of Think Blue LA, "Kershaw give Dodger fans a scare after being hit by BP ball."
“I was staring right at him when it happened,” said longtime Dodger fan Will Isabella. “Afterwards he came over to where a group of us were standing and he signed two autographs. I asked him if he was alright and he just smiled and then walked away.”
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider takes a look at Clayton Kershaw and his pursuit of a no-no.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *