Adrian Gonzalez says to nominate your All-Star Teacher. Go here for details.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Extra day of rest moves Kershaw return to Tuesday."
"I feel the timetable was about right," he said. "I had a little reservation about another rehab game [Wednesday], but that's done with."
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Scott Van Slyke: Extra-base hit machine."
In 43 plate appearances, Van Slyke is hitting .309/.419/.722(!) with three home runs, four doubles, one triple and a .381 isolated power mark (league-average is .145). Eight of his 11 hits have gone for extra bases, and 15 of his 31 hits in 2013 were of the extra-base variety. When he gets a hit, he makes it count.
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "New Dodger Stadium offerings impress food bloggers."
- Via Chris Olds at Beckett, he shares some preview images of 2014 Topps Tek; including the Kershaw card on the right.
- Via Teddy Cahill at MLB.com, "Pederson, Lively named Pipeline Prospects of Month."
April was a good month for Pederson. In addition to his dizzying start to the season -- he ranks near the top of the Minor League leaderboard in a wide array of statistics -- Pederson celebrated his 22nd birthday on April 21. That makes him one of the youngest players in the Pacific Coast League, even if he hasn't played like it.
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle shares some autographs he attained of some key Dodger prospects at a Rancho Cucamonga ballgame.
- David Brown at Big League Stew tells us about a rare 1919 World Series footage that has recently been unearthed and put on youtube.
- This is funny. The El Blog for High Rank Websites shares their Kings vs. Sharks office bet for all to see. The losers faced some public shaming.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *