Kershaw proves he is good to go. He pitched 7 scoreless innings by spreading around 9 hits, striking out 9 and walking none last night. He won his first game since Australia. Graphic above via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Via Erin Edwards at Dodger Insider, "Viva Los Dodgers on Sunday features Mystery Bags with autographed baseballs." Erin also tells us that they have just refurbished the old Union 76 gas station for events - how cool is that?
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Is Brandon League redeeming himself?"
“Only time will tell that, right? I think 2013 is still fresh in everyone’s minds but mine,” League said. “This spring I said I’ve put it behind me and I just want to prove to myself that was an off year. All I can do is run out there and pitch well regardless of the results.”
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers offer $5 parking in Lots 13, 14 next homestand."
The $5 fee is available in advance and the day of the game on a first-come, first-served basis. The special offer is being made on a trial basis.
- Awesome! Nathan Masters at Southland Blog writes, "How 19 Giant Earthmovers Carved Dodger Stadium Out of a Mountain." There are plenty of photos.
- Mercury Insurance is offering 10 pairs of complimentary tickets a day during an eight-week period from May 1 - June 30.
What you have to do to be entered into the drawing is complete an online Mercury auto insurance quote at: mercuryinsurance.com/dodgers. You don’t have to buy a policy to participate. Additionally, all winners will be entered into a grand prize drawing to win a Dodgers road trip for two to see the Dodgers and Padres play a pair of games at Petco Park in late August.
- Alec Martinez of the Kings explains what it takes for a team to win, via an article from Jill Painter of the LA Daily News:
“I dont know. (coach) Darryl (Sutter) stresses no one has to be great. everyone just has to be good,” said Martinez. “We’re getting big plays out of a lot of different guys.”
- Now you can throw a pie at Yahoo Puck Daddy writer Greg Wyshynski with the help of LA Kings mascot Bailey for charity. They'll even give you tickets to Saturday's game. Go here for the auction.
Ok the link is finally working. Let's pie the guy who said sharks will win! @wyshynski and get a pair of tix gm 4 http://t.co/UYRfBfCOlH
— Bailey LA Kings (@BaileyLAKings) May 7, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *