Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo posted up some great photos of Bob Welch on his blog. Check them out here. My favorite is above, and features Welch and Pedro Guerrero on a big slide during Christmas at Dodgertown in Vero Beach, Florida in March 1986.
- Via Manny Randhawa at MLB.com, "Lasorda, others fondly remember Welch."
"I just got over [Don] Zimmer's death and now we got another one real quick," said former manager Tommy Lasorda. "Bobby Welch was just one of my all-time favorite pitchers. He had a lot of heart … He had tremendous ability, he was a great guy and everybody loved him."
- Check out this great auction that benefits the LA Dodgers Foundation: "Josh Beckett Autographed 'No-Hitter' Game-Used Baseball and Dodger Stadium Experience" It's for a great cause and it includes an unique experience.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Clayton Kershaw: 'If you don’t like Taylor Swift, you’re just lying to yourself'"
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Gonzalez one of many 'victims' of the shift."
“The shift comes from you hitting the ball to one part of the field and they’re just playing percentages, so I think the more you use the whole field, the less they’re going to shift you and I always feel like the ball tells you where to hit it,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. “When a left-hander hits a ground ball to the right side, it just tells you he’s a little bit out front. Hanley (Ramirez) does the same thing when he’s struggling, just hits too many ground balls to short and third.
- How great is this? Topps has just produced a 60th Anniversary 5-card 5" x 7" Dodger set using the vintage 1955 Topps Baseball design, and it's only available direct from Topps. Go here to check it out. It's limited to only 99 copies and it's suppose to be just as thick as a vintage Baseball card. It even comes in a old-style wax pack. Wow! I just had to order it.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *