Check out some of the cast members of 'A League of Their Own' that were in attendance at Saturday's game in the pic above, photo via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Lyle Spencer and Michael Lananna at MLB.com, "Greinke's approach impresses staffmate Haren."
"Zack's just so smart," Haren said. "He knows what he can do with what he's got. His stuff is really good. He's using his slider a lot, and it's one of the best in baseball. Zack knows how to pitch. He studies hitters and has the ability to execute his game plan with four really good pitches.
"He doesn't give in [to hitters], but he challenges guys. His walks are low, and his strikeouts are high. He keeps hitters off-balance with the ability to throw any pitch in any count."
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Dodgers, TWC could take legal action over SportsNet LA."
At issue: Are all the cable and satellite operators saying no to SportsNet LA acting independently or collectively?
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers News: Matt Kemp Named Face Of Ad Campaign For Gap Outlet Stores."
- Via Brian Kamenetzky at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dodgers need to focus on 'good' baseball."
"That's just stuff on paper," Mattingly said. "I think we've got to get away from that. I mean, we've got to make [winning consistently] happen, and we're capable of having games like this and we're capable of running off games and winning games. I don't want to get away from that, and I don't mind the expectations at all.
- Via Eric Stephen at True BLue LA, "Chad Billingsley to pitch simulated game Tuesday, rehab starts likely begin next weekend."
"I'm just anxious to get back out there. I've been through this whole process, but you have to just be patient and keep working," Billingsley said. "It can be very frustrating at times, but it's all just part of the process."
- This is both hilarious and very sad. Via Harrison Mooney at Puck Daddy, "Jimmy Fallon gets his wish, as sad Youppi tours Montreal in a Rangers jersey." You may remember Youppi as the old Montreal Expos mascot. Well, he has since been adopted by the Montreal Canadians hockey team and paid up on a bet he lost to Jimmy Fallon when the NY Rangers defeated his team in the playoffs
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *