Zack Greinke did not have a happy homecoming in Kansas City yesterday. In just over 5 innings he allowed 5 earned runs on 11 hits. On top of that, the Dodgers offense sputtered in the cavernous stadium. The Dodgers lost 5 to 3. Fortunately, the Giants also lost, so we didn't lose any ground. Pic above via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dee Gordon's All-Star case."
“I would absolutely love it,” Gordon said. “If I don’t, I don’t. And, honestly, I’m not supposed to be where I am anyway, but that would definitely be something that’s cool. My whole family would be there.”
- Via Nick Cafardo at the Boston Globe, claims that the Red Sox have been watching Matt Kemp. Sounds creepy to me. On the other hand, Rob Bradford at WEEI says there is no truth to the rumor. It seems to me that the annual parade of rumors, innuendo's and fake headlines is starting right on time. As always, I suggest ignoring these stories. None of these "in the know" guys know what they are talking about.
- Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest that, "There is no benefit to the Dodgers trading Matt Kemp."
There is no benefit to trading Kemp. If the Dodgers did trade him, not only would they have to a large portion of the $107 million he’s owed from 2015-19, the return would be miniscule at best. For Kemp to have any real trade value, he’d have to be hitting well for a few months. If that were the case, the Dodgers wouldn’t want to trade him anyway.
For the record, I agree with Dustin on this one. Of all the outfielders we could trade, I would consider Kemp to be the least desirable to go since he has the best upside. Besides, I always thought Ethier would be a better candidate for a trade.
- Via Chad Moriyama at Dodgers Digest, "Down On The Farm Update: Games Of 6/16 – 6/22 – Seager, Leon, Pacheco."
- A hearty Blue Heaven congratulations to all the folks who were elected to enter into the 2014 class of the Hockey Hall of Fame; especially former longtime Kings defenseman Rob Blake.
- Some Dodgers have World Cup fever.
After that Mexico goal, Adrian Gonzalez grabbed a Mexican flag and ran around the #Dodgers clubhouse as if he had scored.
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) June 23, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *