Awesome! Christopher Lloyd visited Dodger Stadium last night to announce the Dodgers lineup. In the photo above he is with Scott Van Slyke. Pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- ICYMI: Juan Uribe came back to the Dodgers from the DL yesterday, and Carlos Triunfel was sent back to Albuquerque.
- Via Nathan Fenno at the LA Times, "Judge declines to dismiss lawsuit against Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig."
- Thank goodness, via a tweet from the @Dodgers:
The MRI on Hanley Ramirez’s right shoulder showed no structural damage. He is day to day and will be able when his pain subsides. #Dodgers
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 27, 2014
- Via Bill Plunkett at the OC Register, "Dodgers' TV deal dilemma affects no-hitter ratings."
“I don’t know what to make about ratings,” Dodgers team president and CEO Stan Kasten said. “I do know in terms of the metrics we deal with – ticket sales, sponsorships, etc. – everything is up, it’s very strong. Facebook followers, Twitter followers. It’s really a golden era for the Dodgers.
The saddest thing is that there are a whole bunch of Dodger fans who are missing the magic of Vin Scully on the tube, and nobody in "the know" seems to care about that. Frankly, I don't think they'll ever get their act together this season, and I fear 2015 will be just the same. After all, I don't think there's any sense of urgency. This is a battle of wills between multibillion dollar businesses, so fans are left hanging in the lurch. And don't whine to me that Kasten and his group had no idea this would happen - that's a load of bull. Kasten is an old cable TV guy who is smart enough to know what's been going on in the industry the past few years. They knew very well it was likely that an entire season would be lost.
- Vie Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Chad Billingsley has successful elbow surgery to repair torn flexor tendon."
- That arm! Gif via Dodgers on Tumblr. Could we be in the midst of witnessing a Kemp revival? I hope so. And, how about Beckett, eh? Or, Turner off the bench to drive in the eventual winning run? And, the bullpen shutting the door on last nights the game? Or, Rojas ably filling in at short and getting two hits; including the first one off Wainwright? As Jon Weisman wrote at Dodger Insider, this team won with some grit. BTW, the Dodgers are now just 2 games back of the Giants. WooHoo!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *