So, did the Dodgers get the message? Well, one win doesn't make the grade. Ask me that quesyions a couple weeks down the road. Graphic above via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Chad Moriyama at Dodgers Digest tells us all about the Dodger draft picks from #6 to #10 who were chosen yesterday.
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, " Dodgers Adrian Gonzalez, Matt Kemp agree with Don Mattingly's criticism."
Gonzalez’s response: “True – I mean, lately. The last two series we were.”
Kemp also didn’t dispute Mattingly’s description of the team.
“I mean, we haven’t been playing very good baseball,” Kemp said. “I think we would all agree.”
- ICYMI: Erisbel Arruebarrena was optioned back to Albuquerque, and infielder Miguel Rojas is back up with the Dodgers, via a Dodgers press release. This move was done to give Erisbel some playing time while taking advantage of a player who is on fire right now:
Rojas has been on a power surge of late, with all four of his home runs coming during his active eight-game hitting streak (.412, 14-for-34) that preceded his call-up.
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers put up an interview with Dodgers 2014 1st Round Draft pick Grant Holmes - he tells us he learned his top-ranked curveball from the most unlikeliest of places - YouTube.
- Left Field Pavilion creates a couple of great graphics for potential All-Star Game selections Yasiel Puig and Dee Gordon. Go here to check out his awesome Zack Greinke graphic, as well.
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Dodgers prospect Alex Guerrero's repaired ear is on the mend."
Doctors have detected circulation and growth in the surgically reattached portion of Alex Guerrero's left ear, increasing the chances that the ear can be saved, according to his agent, Scott Boras.
- This is just plain dumb, and I would argue wrong. Check out this article by Harrison Mooney at Puck Daddy about a Hermosa Beach restaurant that briefly had a little taunt/chirp at Kings fans expense (the place bills itself as a Chicago restaurant) after they defeated the 'Hawks, so Kings fans with thin skin went on Yelp to trash the place - and ultimately try to hurt their livelihood. Stop it, please! There's nothing wrong with chirping. It's allowed in sports. Heck, this sports fan even respects a good taunt. So please, stop feeling hurt and start being happy about the Kings being in the Finals!
- Via his instagram, Yasiel Puig saw snow for the first time.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *