Josh Beckett is seen chatting it up with his teammates before yesterday evenings game. Unfortunately, he wasn't his typical self on the mound. He gave up 5 earned runs in 5 innings of work. The Dodgers are now a half game behind the Giants. You didn't think winning the division was going to be a cake walk, did ya? Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Game-used Kershaw no-hitter ball up for auction." Bidding starts at $10,000.00. Wow! BTW, all proceeds go the LA Dodgers Foundation. See the ball on the right.
- Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo shares a whole bunch of great photos featuring Bobby Castillo - who passed away on Monday. Go here to check them out.
- Via Jordan Bastian at MLB.com, "Replays in LA lead to Tribe's 7-2-4 triple play." A video is included in the link.
"That was awesome," Indians right fielder David Murphy said. "I don't know if we'll ever see one like that again."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Humble Robinson is Dodgers' unlikeliest hero."
"Everybody wants to talk about being 29 years old and being in the Minor Leagues for eight years and all that, but I really enjoy my job," said Robinson after the Dodgers' 1-0 win over the Indians. "I still get paid to come to the ballpark every day and play baseball. Everybody says it's such a grind in the Minor Leagues, but it's something that I love to do, so just to get to come up here and contribute is icing on the cake for me."
- Panini America's blog shares some early pics from their newest upcoming product, 2014 Golden Age Baseball, here. The set officially goes live today. Check out a Steve Yeager autographed card and some base cards below; including a Tommy Lasorda card.
- Ned Colletti recently visited with Jay Mohr on AM570, "Ned Colletti hasn't seen a trade offer yet worthy of making a deal." Listen to it here.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Dodgers’ prospect Darnell Sweeney quickly becoming a ‘Guy,’ maybe."
- Via Eric Vrsalovich at Dodgers-Lowdown, "Dodgers Acquire First Baseman/Outfielder Brock Peterson From Nationals."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "International signing period: Dodgers sign Felix Osorio, per report."
- Zero Hedge has a great graphic about the cheapest and priciest countries for beer.
- This is just plain awesome. OYO Sportstoys, which is basically player/team themed Lego's has been making videos showing off their wares. Last week they released their LA Kings Stanley Cup Champions video and I am smitten. Watch it below. BTW, they have Dodger OYO characters. Go here to check them out.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *