Here's a view of Coors Field during the singing of the national anthem last night, pic via @Dodgers on twitter. The Dodgers played themselves into first place last night with a thrilling win over the Rockies, 3 to 2. Zack Greinke was phenomenal as he went 8 strong innings. Juan Uribe drove in the winning run in the 9th inning
- ICYMI: Erisbel Arruebarrena has been called up to the Dodgers and Carlos Triunfel has been sent back down to AAA. The Dodger press release is here.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider provides an update on the recent Dodger international signings. So far, 6 new players are now a part of the Dodger family.
- Via Stuart Wallace at The Daily Gammons, "On a team constantly in the limelight, Howell thrives in relative anonymity."
J.P. Howell quietly and effectively toils away in the middle innings, providing a steady bridge to the later innings for the Dodgers, in a season that has been predicated upon a career bests in ground ball rate (57.6%), holds (18), and a near-career best in strikeout rate (28.2%).
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Joc Pederson named Triple-A All-Star."
- Jeff Sullivan at FanGraphs writes, "The Worst of the Best: The Month’s Wildest Swings." Three Dodger swings made the cut - WooHoo!
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Tulo to talk Home Run Derby with Puig."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dodgers sign 38th-round pick LHP Caleb Ferguson."
- If you'll be anywhere near Ithica, New York on Saturday you should check this out, via a tweet from Kings captain Dustin Brown:
Bringing The Cup to Cass Park Rink Sat July 5th, 9:30-11:30am. Requesting $5 donation for pictures to benefit various Ithaca Charities
— dustin brown (@DustinBrown23) July 3, 2014
- I had totally missed this. Fernando Valenzuela will be in Topps upcoming 2014 Triple Threads Baseball card set. In fact, he will have a coveted Triple Threads Triple Hits card that features an autograph, jumbo relic and a hand print. You heard me right... a hand print. Check out the photo tweeted out by Topps below showing Fernando giving the cards a low-five. BTW, the set is slated to be released in September.
Check out "El Toro", Fernando Valenzuela, stamping some Hand Stamp cards for Triple Threads! pic.twitter.com/jGe79zOJ79
— Topps Company (@toppscards) June 27, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *