What more can you say about Clayton Kershaw? He's magnificent and virtually a lock for a win whenever he pitches - even on night's he said he had a bad start. Last night he went eight innings versus the Diamondbacks; striking out 10, walking just two and allowing just one
As for the Dodgers offense for the evening, they did all of their damage in the third inning. Matt Kemp played the hero again by driving in two wins on a double to right centerfield. Scott Van Slyke added another run with a solo home run to left center. BTW, Kenley Jansen recorded his 38th save of the season and 100th for his career. To all those naysayers who doubted his role as the teams closer at the start of the season can now all just shut up - you are a bunch of reactionary know nothings.
The photo at the top is of Hello Kitty - who is not a cat. Via Carolina A. Miranda at the LA Times,
"That's one correction Sanrio made for my script for the show. Hello Kitty is not a cat. She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She's never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature. She does have a pet cat of her own, however, and it's called Charmmy Kitty."Who knew? Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
The Dodgers 3 to 1 victory allowed them to maintain their 5.0 game lead ahead of the Giants. Now, below are some links to check out:
- Via Bill Plunkett at the OC Register, "Dodgers striking out at claiming players."
(Via Ned Colletti) “It’s a function of how many teams are in the playoff hunt and our place in the order. We’ve claimed – what’s a good word, droves? Many? Very many? … We’ve claimed a lot of players and they never get to us.”
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles was actively involved in ThinkCure! Weekend at Dodger Stadium and they just shared the story of a couple of their patients on their website. Check that out here.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Ryu free of pain after sim game; return near."
Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu said he felt no pain while throwing a two-inning simulated game on Wednesday and could return to the starting rotation on Sunday or Monday.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Stop it: Julio Urias isn’t making his MLB debut in 2014."
- An FYI, Monday, September 8th will be LA Kings Night at Dodger Stadium. Go here for information. I am uncertain if any King players will be in attendance, but fans attending through a special ticket package to sit in the all-you-can-eat right-field pavilion will get a cool little t-shirt (as seen on right).
- Via Mike Oz at Big League Stew, "Dodgers fan gets hassled over T-shirt at D-backs game, but social media prevails." Those fans (security & other staff members) in Arizona sure are a bunch of whiny little kids. The only person there with any sort of rational understanding of things is Josh Rawitch - Diamondbacks VP of Communications. Good job, Josh, on getting it figured out.
- GCRL shares some more Steve Garvey oddball baseball cards. Awesome!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *