Last night Tommy Lasorda visited with Jimmy Kimmel and had an opportunity to meet with Taylor Swift, as evidenced by the photo above tweeted by @TommyLasorda.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Report: Bundy to return as third-base coach."
- Just more stuff to add to his mantel. Via Jesse Spector at The Sporting News, "Clayton Kershaw edges Mike Trout for Sporting News Player of the Year."
Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw is the Sporting News MLB Player of the Year for 2014, as selected by a panel of 244 major league players. Kershaw beat Angels superstar Mike Trout by just three votes.
“It’s awesome,” Kershaw said of the honor. “It really is cool to have that respect from other guys in the league. That’s a huge compliment. For my peers to give that to me, that’s awesome.”
- Via Bill Plunkett of the OC Register on twitter, four Dodgers are finalist for a Gold Glove:
#Dodgers 1B Adrian Gonzalez, 3B Juan Uribe, Ps Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke finalists for Rawlings Gold Glove awards at their positions
— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) October 23, 2014
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA shares his choices for "Top three greatest Dodger moments of 2014." I think I have to agree. Although, I may have gone with a different order. Still, it's definitely a great group of highlights.
- Via Eric Stephen of True Blue LA on twitter, Dodger prospect/reliever Danny Coulombe has been very busy:
Busy week for Dodgers LHP @DPCoulombe: married Sun, pitched Tue (w/Josh Byrnes watching), now off AFL roster (hopefully enjoying honeymoon)
— Eric Stephen (@truebluela) October 23, 2014
- Via Kevin Nelson at Sports Collectors Digest, "Operation Bullpen Endures, Public Fascination Continues." I would be very interested in seeing a movie about the largest fraud ever perpetrated in the sports memorabilia hobby.
- Buster Olney of ESPN tells us a bit about Andrew Friedman's contract on twitter:
Not surprisingly, Andrew Friedman's deal with the Dodgers is record-setting: from sources, $35 million over 5 years, plus incentives.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 24, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *