Are you ready for some Dodger playoff Baseball?
No doubt Clayton Kershaw is; as evidenced by the photograph above. Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014 captured him running in the outfield yesterday in preparation for his start tonight. Go here to check out more photos from the Dodgers workout yesterday.
If you are going to tonight's game go here for information about the scheduled pregame autograph signings, a game give-away and other stuff about the game. Oh... And get there early. Like... You should leave right now!
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Richard Justice at Sports on Earth, "Mattingly Always True To The Team."
Mattingly has had disagreements with others, and at times, he has called out the entire group. Through it all, he has never lost his team, either individually or as a whole. That's because players believe Mattingly is a fair man and that he will ask only that they play hard and put winning first.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Five Q's: How will Kershaw fare vs. Cards?"
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Hyun-jin Ryu named Dodgers NLDS Game 3 starter."
"He's pretty much a 100-110 [pitch] guy all year long. We don't expect him to be much different than that. We don't feel like he's lost a ton of arm strength, this is late in the year," Mattingly said. "If anything, Hyun-jin is the right guy for missing this much time."
- Interview transcripts from the postseason workouts yesterday are availble to check out now. Go here for Clayton Kershaw's interview, or here for Don Mattingly's interview.
- Chris Olds at Beckett.com provides some early sneak peak photos of Topps 2015 Museum Collection Baseball card set. Go here to check them all out. To the right is a Clayton Kershaw card.
- The Dodger owners, Guggenheim, are apparently looking at purchasing an ownership stake in the Brooklyn Nets, via Net Income at NetsDaily.
- Dave Cameron at FanGraphs takes a look at, "The Strengths and Weaknesses of Every Playoff Team."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers give D-backs permission to talk to Bundy."
"It's exciting for me, especially being the first time for a manager's job," Bundy said. "It's a great experience to go through, a learning experience. But I'm also 110 percent focused on my job here right now."
- Wow! You gotta check this out. Via Dan Steinberg at the Washington Post, "Watch rare footage of the Senators beating the Giants in the 1924 World Series."
- Topps just released concert styled posters for each team in the playoffs. They are available at their website, here. They measure 11"x17" and are on traditional Baseball card cardstock. The poster on the left below (the blue one) is numbered to 99 copies and the rainbow version (on the right) is limited to only 1 copy. The rainbow version is already sold out.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *