This just might be the worst photo ever! Above is Hanly Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval doing the 'I see you' sign, via Sandoval on instagram.
On a more positive note, Hanley thanked the fans on his facebook page. He says,
Thank you God for the blessing of allowing me to wear #Dodgerblue, where I learned how to be a winner, where I shared so many exciting and unforgettable moments with, and received so much love from my beloved #HanleyWood fans. Our 2 division championships in 2 years brought me some of the best times of my career, and I will be forever grateful for that. GRACIAS. @dodgers #donnieyourethebestThanks Hanley! It was a pleasure watching play in Blue.
Below are some links to check out:
- This is for Dodger fans in or near Oklahoma City. The Dodgers new AAA minor league club will be hostin "Dodger Day" on December 3rd. Go here for information. Gabe Kapler and Scott Schebler will be there to sign for fans.
"With the team store being ready to re-open and with all the holiday excitement around Bricktown, we felt this was a great time to celebrate our new partnership with the Dodgers along with our great fans," said RedHawks President/General Manager Michael Byrnes.
The event will feature appearances by new Dodgers Director of Player Development Gabe Kapler and top Dodgers prospect Scott Schebler.
- Via Tom Veducci at Sports Illustrated, "Time for the Hall of Fame to right a wrong by electing Gil Hodges."
Hodges had enough votes to be elected by the Veterans Committee in 1993 (12 out of 16), only to have committee chair Ted Williams disallow the vote of Roy Campanella, one of Hodges' former teammates, because he did not attend the meeting in person. Campanella was hospitalized at the time. With that ballot rejected, Hodges and Leon Day were left one vote short of enshrinement, with 11 of the 15 votes leaving them at 73.3 percent, 1.7 percent shy. Campanella died three months later. Day was elected when the new committee met two years later.
- Carson Cistulli at InstaGraphs has, "A Statistical Report for All the Caribbean Winter Leagues." He notes that Dodger prospect Jose DeLeon has been impressive. He then followed up this post by sharing 6 GIF's of DeLeon pitching. Check out those GIF's here.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Max Homa — PGA Tour rookie and Dodger fan."
“I want to golf with Kershaw,” he said. “I want to figure out how he can be so ice cold. Pitching, I think, is a lot like golf. It’s so repetitive, and you need to have a real good mental game. I’d like to see how he does in golf and get inside head.”
- As you might have heard, Hanley Ramirez is expected to play left field for the Red Sox. Former Dodger Pedro Guerrero provides his assessment of that transition on twitter:
hanley in left is like me at 3rd
— PedroGuerrero (@PedroGuerreroLA) November 25, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *