Here's a selfie shared yesterday afternoon by actor William Levy with Hanley Ramirez and former Major Leaguers Luis Castillo and Edgar Renteria.
Below are some links to check out:
- For the second time in his career Adrian Gonzalez won Mexico's National Sports Award as a professional athlete, via La Oficion (Spanish).
- This is just another feather to put on his cap. Via Dave Cameron at FanGraphs, "The 2014 FanGraphs Player of the Year: Clayton Kershaw." He's gonna need a couple of new trophy cases once the winter is done.
- Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports revealed that a source is saying that A's assistant GM Farhan Zaidi is talking to the Dodgers. Eric Stephen at True Blue LA tells us a bit about him; "Farhan Zaidi reportedly talks with Dodgers about front office job."
Zaidi has been with Oakland for 10 years, with 2014 his first season as assistant general manager. The 37-year-old has a Ph.D in economics from Berkeley and a bachelor of science at MIT. His specialty is statistical analysis, which he used in Oakland to evaluate players in the draft, in free agency as well as trade targets.He also assists in arbitration cases and minor league contracts, and analyzes data from advance scouts to present to the coaching staff. This is essentially a lot of the duties currently performed by Dodgers assistant GM Alex Tamin.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider writes, "Chad Billingsley’s legacy a dividing line for Dodger fans," and I couldn't agree more with his assessment.
It’s not definite that Billingsley has played his last game as a Dodger, but if he has, he leaves with a 3.65 ERA, 110 ERA+ and 16.9 WAR in 1,175 1/3 innings, according to Baseball-Reference.com. In 57 seasons of Los Angeles Dodger history, only 10 pitchers have a better adjusted ERA (minimum 1,000 innings), and only 14 accumulated more WAR.
- Jon also tells us that the Dodgers claimed infielder Ryan Jackson off of waivers from the Padres. Jackson missed most of the 2014 season due to wrist surgery. He is noted for being a great infielder, but having a weak bat.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Darwin Barney – A low risk / high reward proposition."
- Here's some minor Dodger news. Via Mark Polishuk at MLB Trade Rumors, "Dodgers Re-Sign Barry Enright."
- Here is AJ Ellis' response to Clayton Kershaw's award filled evening last night:
Clean haircut. Trimmed side burns. Pressed suit! Shoes matching socks AND belt! TIE! @ClaytonKersh22 you've changed! pic.twitter.com/2i7jfBbGbj
— AJ Ellis (@AJEllis17) November 4, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *