Clayton Kershaw accepted both his Cy Young and MVP awards this past Saturday at the BBWAA ceremony. Photo above via @MLB_PR on twitter. You can watch his entire acceptance speech at the very bottom. BTW, the Kershaw's celebrated the birth of their first child Friday evening, via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider. The young girl is named Cali Ann, and she was 6 pounds, 13 ounces.
Below are some more links to check out:
- ICYMI, listen to Yasmani Grandal on Dodger Talk from this past Wednesday, here.
- Via Alexandra Pierce at KSBY News, "KSBY Exclusive: Former professional MLB player charged with insurance fraud in SLO County." (Hat Tip: Eric Stephen on twitter)
- Via Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest, "Dodgers Sign Submariner Ben Rowen, A Name Worth Remembering."
- Via Gabe Kapler at Kaplifestyle, "Eating Without Training Wheels." Kapler believes you shouldn't use supplements.
Like those training wheels, supplements don’t train us to ride the bike. They don’t teach us balance or to be in tune with our body. They’re dangerous, because they’re highly processed and poorly regulated. Our bodies struggle to recognize them, because they’re isolated and altered from the natural state. We’re still learning that nutrients and vitamins work in concert with others, not in a singular state.
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Dodgers said to be in talks to sell minority share to South Korean group." A long shot, no doubt.
There is "zero" chance the Dodgers' owners would surrender control of the team in the deal, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the talks have not been confirmed publicly. The person said the talks were "progressing" but otherwise declined to characterize how advanced the negotiations might be or handicap the chances of reaching a deal.
- Watch Sandy Koufax present the NL Cy Young Award and NL MVP Award to Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw at the 2015 BBWAA dinner.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *