The Dodgers began their 12th Annual Community Caravan yesterday afternoon by visiting students at Garfield High School in East LA. Adrian Gonzalez, Eric Karros, Tim Leary, Dennis Powell and Derrel Thomas hosted a baseball skills clinic with the junior varsity and varsity baseball and softball players. This was one of several planned events throughout Los Angeles this week. Today, several former Dodgers will be visiting Hollenbeck Middle School in Los Angeles and the After-School All-Stars at Cesar Chavez Elementary in Bell Gardens.
In the photo above, via Jon SooHoo of the Dodgers, Eric Karros demonstrates batting techniques with the kids. Go here to check out more photos of the event from Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015.
Below are some more links to check out:
- Watch Matt Kemp's first in-depth interview since becoming a Padre with Larry King Live, here.
- Via Alden Gonzalez at MLB.com, "A-Gon puts faith in Dodgers' new-look lineup."
"People say we lost power, but I think we're just getting power in different areas in our lineup," Gonzalez said Monday afternoon. "We've maintained that. It's just not going to be one hitter; it's going to be six or seven."
- Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA writes a fantastic piece on longtime minor leaguer and Baseball professional Daniel Mayora.
Mayora is more than an aspiring major league baseball player. He has devoted his life to pursuing his career. He may have simply settled for playing the game he loves as long as he can but I doubt he has settled. He still has his dream and he plays everyday in hot pursuit of it.
- This is interesting, via a tweet from Jeff Passan:
Sources: Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada worked out for the Dodgers this morning. They remain a significant threat because of deep pockets.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 26, 2015
Moncada is a 19-year old infielder who is regarded as the best prospect to leave Cuba since Soler. We should all celebrate wildly if the Dodgers end up signing him.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *