Spring training is for getting down to the business of preparing for the season, but that doesn't stop the boys from having a bit a fun. Check out Darwin Barney and Jimmie Rollins, both early arrivals to Camelback Ranch, joking around while taking some grounders. The photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out a bunch of photo's from Jon from yesterday.
Below are some more links to check out:
- Via Chad Moriyama at Dodgers Digest, "Brandon McCarthy & Molly Knight had a insightful Twitter convo while you were sleeping."
- Adam Nodiff at Baseball Professor profiles Adrian Gonzalez.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Dodgers miss out on Yoan Moncada, possibly to spend big on July 2." The object of everyone's affection signs with the Red Sox. Some are wondering why not the Dodgers and I think Dustin provides a good explanation as to why.
Yes, it’s disappointing Moncada isn’t going to be a Dodger anytime soon. But, the front office has a plan and is always ahead of the game. It feels the potential to land more players who might not be as good as Moncada (but are still solid prospects) outweighs using the one chance they have to go over their bonus pool.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Mattingly expects Ethier will be 'professional.'"
"I never expect Andre to be a problem," said Mattingly. "He's always professional. Understandably, guys aren't happy when they aren't playing as much as they want. He was a pro about it and wasn't a problem."
- Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily shares some sneak peek photos of Topps 2015 Triple Threads Baseball card set. Check them all out here. On the right is a look at a Clayton Kershaw sapphire parallel base card.
- GCRL shares even more Steve Garvey Baseball cards; including some great oddballs. Check it out here.
- Vie Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Kenley Jansen, on crutches, reports to Dodgers camp."
"It shocked me because I thought it was a minor thing. So many things are getting into your head, because you really don't know the answers until getting the MRI," Jansen said. "The X-ray scared everybody. But the MRI gave me good news that it wasn't a big thing."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *