Adrian Gonzalez, Yasiel Puig and Kenley Jansen are captured in the midst of their running drills in preparation for Spring Training in the photo above. Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more pics of his from yesterday.
Below are some more links to check out:
- Let the Yoan Moncada sweepstakes begin! Via Jeff Todd at MLB Trade Rumors, "With MLB Rule Change, Yoan Moncada Cleared To Sign." As you may know, the Dodgers are rumored to be chasing after him.
There's palpable tension in the air as Dodger fans wonder, "will they sign another Cuban high-flyer?" Moncada is thought to be the best unsigned prospect in the game and only a year (or two) away from making an impact at the big league level.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "With no guarantees, Pederson ready for challenge."
"I'm just going to work hard and go about my business and whatever happens, happens," he said. "Nobody plays that well when they are trying to prove something. Just be yourself."
When Don Zimmer passed away last June after 66 years in baseball, I called him the ultimate futility infielder. Allow me to amend that, for Rocky Bridges, who died last week at the age of 87, was every bit as worthy of that title, and every bit as much an inspiration for this site. The secret of futility infielders is their ability to thrive despite their shortcomings in talent, thanks to persistence, flexibility and a command of fundamentals that go well beyond the playing field. They’re the laces that hold the leather together, the very soul of baseball.
- Via Jae-Ho Kim at MK Sports, Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched his first bullpen session of 2015 in Arizona yesterday. He is working out with the Korea LG Twins at Camelback Ranch, threw 30 pitches and remarked "too easy." In other words, he felt really good after throwing for the first time this year.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dodgers in 2015 Caribbean Series." One of the newest Dodgers, Kike Hernandez, had a great day at the plate yesterday for Team Puerto Rico.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *