You've got to love what the kids are doing in camp. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Corey Seager, Scott Schebler, O'Koyea Dickson lead first-week youth movement for Dodgers."
Photo above of Scott Schebler from yesterday's game is via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers. Go here to check out more pics from Jon from yesterday here. Below are some more links to check out:"It's been interesting for us in this camp because we've got a lot of our own prospects that have been climbing the ladder that all of a sudden seem to be right here knocking on the door," manager Don Mattingly said on Tuesday. "We've also made some trades for some guys that have come from other organizations who have been fun to watch.
- Baseball prognosticator Peter Gammons declared that the Dodgers are his 2015 off-season winner. Check out what he had to say here.
We get all of them. But, for me, there was one clear winner. The Dodgers. No media-driven hype signings and acquisitions. No Miami Heat-type player introductions at a FanFest. No exercises in usage of the first person singular.
Just a restructuring and reorganization to what might be called the 21st Century Branch Rickey model. So non-Hollywood.
- My biggest worry about Yasmani Grandal is slowly coming into focus. He may pitch-frame well, but he has to learn to recognize which pitches are worth trying to frame for a strike and which pitches require him to catch and block at all cost. BTW, his lack of mobility due to knee issues is a worrying factory, and may mean that he is just not physically able to stop pitches in the dirt. Sure, he can hit, but how much are you willing to give up when it comes to pitching? That's a questions that will get answered as the season goes on. Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest has a rundown on some of these defensive issues, "Yasmani Grandal May Want To Put the ‘Catch’ In Catcher."
- Reddit user u/kittysparkles shares some fantastic photos taken during the first two games of Spring Training at Camelback Ranch. Check them out here.
- Watch out for this event during tomorrow's spring Dodger game. Via Chris Cwik at Big League Stew, "Will Ferrell has a wacky plan to play all nine baseball positions in one day."
- Pedro Guerrero cracks me up. Via his twitter:
No Dodger World Series in 25 years and 3 for the Giants in 5 years. No wonder my brain started bleeding. Enough of this shit cmon @dodgers
— PedroGuerrero (@PedroGuerreroLA) March 11, 2015
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *