The Fordham University Baseball team is in town for a weekend series against USC. Naturally, '49 alumni Vin Scully took some time to welcome them. The above photo is from Friday, via Fordham Athletics on twitter. BTW, Fordham has not faired so well against the Trojans. They lost to them on Friday and Saturday; 3-2, 4-3. They'll play their last game this afternoon at 1:00 PM at Dedeaux Field; weather permitting.
Below are some more links to check out:
- As you know, Saturday was Photo Day for the Dodgers. Go here to check out some of the photos taken by Rob Tringali of Getty Images. (Hat Tip: JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers)
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers want versatile Barnes to focus on catching."
- Chris Hatcher shared his recent Koufax moment, via twitter:
Cool moment happened today; after throwing live BP I got to speak with the legendary Sandy Koufax. He had good things to say thankfully.
— Chris Hatcher (@handlebars41) February 28, 2015
- Via Lyle Spencer at MLB.com, "Grandal catching on quickly at Dodgers camp."
"I like what I see and what I hear from him," Yeager said. "It takes time to gain the respect of the pitching staff and teammates whenever a catcher comes from somewhere else, but some of them already know him. In the old Dodger tradition, we've welcomed him with open arms. He has come in with a good attitude; you don't have to go looking for him. He's right there, ready to go to work."
- Via Sam Whitefield at AriBall.com, "Hyun-Jin Ryu: Realizes How Good He Is."
By 2014, Ryu was more confident, more aware that he could dominate MLB competition without nibbling. He kept the ball in his locations (almost always away), but now threw over the outside corner instead of just beyond it. His first pitch strike % went up almost 3 points from 59.1 to 61.7; his zone % from 43.4 to 44.9, and his zone swing % naturally saw an increase from 62.1 to 64.0, yet his zone contact % stayed exactly the same; the end result, of course, was that his whiff rate increased from 8.1% to 8.8%.
- Dodgers add another pitcher. Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Mike Adams is latest reliever to come to camp." He will wear #0.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *