What the heck?
Today is St. Patrick's Day and the Dodgers will not be wearing green uniforms. Instead, they'll be donning only a green cap in celebration. What a shame.
Does anyone when was the last time the team hadn't worn green on this day? Please let me know.
|(Scully, Barber & O'Malley at party, via O'Malley.com)|
Photo above via @Dodgers on twitter. Go here for some more background on the St. Patrick's Day parties at the Walter O'Malley website. Below are some more links to check out:
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Brandon League out with shoulder inflammation, to receive injection."
- It''s about time! Via a tweet from LA Times reporter Kevin Baxter:
Commissioner Rob Manfred said preliminary discussions have begun about bringing the All-Star game back to #Dodger Stadium
— Kevin Baxter (@kbaxter11) March 16, 2015
- An awesome read. Via Eric Nusbaum at Vice Sports, "The Likable, Unlikely Career of Juan Uribe."
But in his Cy Young acceptance speech this past offseason, Clayton Kershaw—Uribe's exact opposite culturally, stylistically, and personality wise—singled out the third baseman. "Thank you for making me laugh," Kershaw said. "You are one of the most important people in our clubhouse."
- Hilarious! Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Zack Greinke on his location, his slider, Ozzy Osbourne & The Alamo."
What about The Alamo?"I remember a little bit," Greinke recalled. "I remember them saying Ozzy Osbourne peed on it. Hopefully that's true."
- I have no words. None! Check out Tommy Lasorda singing some song - "Turn down for what" at Instagram, here. I had no idea what this phrase meant (I feel so old) until I looked it up at the Urban Dictionary. Check that out here. After reading that I find this whole thing totally inappropriate.
Those home runs had me like: pic.twitter.com/sYf8Sc47pk
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) March 16, 2015
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *