The next homestand starts on Monday against the Seattle Mariners, and several former Dodger players will be in the house to meet with fans for a free autograph session. Below are the scheduled opportunities and other odds and ends for this upcoming homestand.
Monday, April 13th at 7:10 PM
Monday's game starts at 7:10 PM. Auto gates open at 4:30 PM, and stadium gates open at 5:00 PM. The first of three Cy Young Collectors' Pin Series giveaways is this night. The first 40,000 fans will receive an Don Newcombe pin. see it on the right.
Nico DeJesus from Disney’s “Newsies” a will throw the ceremonial first pitch. LA Opera bass-baritone and LA native Ryan McKinny will perform the national anthem.
Juan Uribe and Adrian Gonzalez will be receiving their Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards before the game. This award is determined by using a formula that combines traditional defensive stats with advanced metrics, as well as the data logged by the baseball experts working for the scouting service Inside Edge.
- The Military Hero of the Game is U.S. Navy Commander Todd P. Klipp of New York. Klipp served active duty for 26 years in several capacities including Commander, Naval Surface Forces Atlantic; Commander, Amphibious Group Four; Commander, Amphibious Group Three; Commander, Naval Special Warfare Command and the Bureau of Naval Personnel. His deployments include to 6th Fleet in the Mediterranean, the North Atlantic with NATO and to 5th Fleet in the Persian Gulf. Klipp finished his naval career at Naval Surface Warfare Command, Port Hueneme Division (NSWC PHD) where he served as the Chief Staff Officer and Department Officer for the Ship Defense and Expeditionary Warfare Department.
Tuesday, April 14th at 7:10 PM
Tuesday's game starts at 7:10 PM. Auto gates open at 4:30 PM, and stadium gates open at 5:00 PM. This is the ever popular Star Wars Night (already sold out). The Star Wars Celebration convention is in Anaheim the following weekend. Fans must purchase a ticket package that includes a ticket in the All-You-Can-Eat Right Field Pavilion or Infield Reserve in order to receive the special edition Star Wars/Dodger t-shirt. Check it out on the left.
Star Wars characters will be on the field prior to the game, and although not yet officially announced I'm sure one of them will throw out the first pitch. “American Idol” Top 16 finalist and lead singer of synth-pop act MONOGEM Jen Hirsh will perform the national anthem.
BTW, former Dodger outfielder Kenny Landreaux will be signing free autographs for fans in the left-field plaza from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The Military Heroes of the Game are U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Lance Weir of Walnut Ridge, AR, and U.S. Marine Corporal Justin Crabbe of Rancho Cucamonga. Weir served a short time in the military due to an accident and is now serving as Veterans Liaison at Canine Companions for Independence where he helps pair wounded veterans with assistance dogs. Crabbe served a six-month deployment to Japan and Afghanistan. Crabbe also serves as Veterans Liaison at Canine Companions for Independence. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, Canine Companions for Independence is a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support.
Wednesday, April 15th at 7:10 PM
Wednesday's game starts at 7:10 PM. Auto gates open at 4:30 PM, and stadium gates open at 5:00 PM. Dodger Stadium will host the Civil Rights Game this evening as a part of Jackie Robinson Day. The game will be televised on ESPN2. The first 40,000 fans will receive an Adult Jackie Robinson Replica Jersey. Check it out on the left.
Magic Johnson and civil rights activist Dolores Huerta will be recognized as recipients of the 2015 MLB Beacon Awards, which recognize individuals whose lives and actions have been emblematic of the spirit of the civil rights movement. Frank Robinson will also receive a special award in recognition of the 40th Anniversary of him becoming Baseball’s first African-American manager.
Rachel Robinson (Jackie's wife) will throw out the first pitch prior to the game. Sandy Koufax, Don Newcombe, Joni Campanella (Roy’s daughter) and scholars from the Jackie Robinson Foundation will also be featured during the pregame ceremony. TNT Sports Analyst, NBA Champion and star of reality show “Meet the Smiths” Kenny “the Jet” Smith will throw the first pitch. Grammy nominated artist Tyrese Gibson will perform the National Anthem.
Dodger alumnus Dennis Powell will be signing free autographs for fans in the left-field plaza from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The Military Hero of the Game is U.S. Army Colonel Cathy M. Davidson of Chicago. Davidson has served in the military 25 years and was commissioned in 1990. Her first assignment was the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit after completing OBC and successfully crossed-training in Neonatal ICU and the Pediatric Unit, after which she earned the “Delta” identifier in 1991. Davidson served as a Clinical Nurse at 121st Evacuation Hospital (EUSA) in Seoul, Korea, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany and most recently served as Chief, Quality Management Division, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany. She is currently serving as the Deputy Commander Nursing Services at Weed Army Community Hospital in Fort Irwin.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *