Dodger Nation sure did show up in Arizona last night. Unfortunately, not all of the Dodgers did.
The bullpen was dismal, Mattingly had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach and Mike Bolsinger likely puked in the clubhouse. Via Barry Bloom at MLB.com:
"It's not a good feeling. This is probably about the worst I've felt after a game all year," Mattingly said. "It was disappointing that we got a lead and we didn't hold on to it."The phot above via @Dodgers on twitter. Below are some links to check out:
Imagine how Bolsinger felt. Mattingly knew as the game began that the right-hander was experiencing queasiness and cramps, the cramps reaching a crescendo as he worked through a three-up, three-down fourth inning.
Mattingly said he thought about sending Bolsinger out there again in the fifth, but he opted instead to pinch-hit Alex Guerrero with runners on the corners and two out in the top of that inning. Guerrero struck out. Bolsinger was replaced by Joel Peralta and thus began the cavalcade.
"It was tough, I feel bad, taxing the bullpen like that the first day of the series," Bolsinger said afterward. "You never want to do that. The bullpen has been so good all year. Not only tonight, but I feel like in past outings I've taxed the bullpen. I've got to figure out a way to go deeper into games. I know I can do it."
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Dodgers' bullpen has been stealthily excellent." Regardless of last night's result I still like the 'pen.
Diversity seems to have been part of the formula. They have hard throwers in Jansen, Pedro Baez and Adam Liberatore and finesse pitchers in Joel Peralta and J.P. Howell. They have also kept the group in constant flux, bringing fresh arms from Triple-A whenever there is an opportunity to make a roster move.
- Via The Sporting News, we get Baseball team logos as area codes. Check them out here. The Dodgers is seen on the right.
- True to the Blue was at the Kike Hernandez autograph signing session at Frank & Sons a couple of weeks ago. He shares his experience and photos here.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Crawford slated for Minor League rehab."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dodgers sign 11th-round pick Imani Abdullah, per report."
The Dodgers reportedly signed Abdullah to a bonus of $647,500, of which $547,500 counts against the Dodgers bonus pool since Adbullah was picked outside of the first 10 rounds.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Get to know this year’s foreign imports: Yadier Alvarez."
- Hey there cutie-pie! Meet Cali Kershaw and check out this cool onesie she's wearing. You can get one at the Kershaw's Challenge website here. Pic below via Ellen Kershaw on twitter.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *