As you've certainly heard by now, Clayton Kerrshaw has been added to the National League roster. Via a Dodger press release:
National League All-Star manager Bruce Bochy of the San Francisco Giants announced today, in conjunction with Major League Baseball, that left-handed pitcher Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers has been added to the NL’s active roster for the Midsummer Classic. Kershaw replaces Washington Nationals right-hander Max Scherzer, who started on Sunday afternoon and has elected not to be active during the All-Star Game.Above is a pic by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015 featuring all five Dodger All-Star jerseys who'll be heading over to Cincinnati. Below are some links to check out:
- BTW, Joc Pederson was named a starter for the All-Star Game, via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider.
- Via Mark Townsend at Big League Stew, "Dodgers build shrine to former teammate Juan Uribe on his bobblehead day."
- Via Nick Diunte at Baseball Happenings, "Catching up with Brooklyn Dodger Don Demeter."
"The next night I got to pinch hit again and the first swing I took, I hit a home run," he said. "They put me in the Ebbets Hall of Fame because I have a .500 average in Ebbets Field."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Juan Gonzalez strikes out 2 in MLB Futures Game."
- Via Corey Brock at MLB.com, "Dodgers prospect Farmer gets taste of Future."
"On the catching side, it's his leadership and his ability to connect with pitchers that has shined," said Dodgers director of player development Gabe Kapler. "He's been an exemplary teammate. It's been a pleasure to watch him rise and a true feather in the cap of our catching specialist, Travis Barbary."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "A.J. Ellis finds his roll in new role."
"There was an adjustment period, figuring out the transition," Ellis admitted. "Fortunately, defensively I have felt good all year. The limited amount of playing time keeps you fresh, so when I do catch I have my legs under me. I'm able to move and throw, and do everything I need to do behind the plate, which is first and foremost the most important part of my job."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *