I just loved the checkerboard-styled uniforms worn by the 1916 Brooklyn Dodgers. Check it out above. Featured are Dodger catchers Otto Miller and Chief Meyers at the dugout steps prior to the start of the World Series. The photo is an International Film Service press photo found via eBay.
The next time the team decides to do a throwback uniform it should be of this style.
Below are some links to check out:
- Check out Forbes ranking of the World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2015 here. The Dodgers are at #9 with a value of $2.4 Billion.
- Via Zachary Levine at Just a Bit Outside, "The Seager sibling rivalry."
- This coming Sunday SportsNet LA shares an interview between Alanna Rizzo and Yasmani Gandal at 5PM as a part of the "Connected With..." series, and it includes some very interesting topics. Below are some quotes from the show:
On questions he faced after injuring his knee in 2013:
“Negativity was at a hundred percent from the media - this guy is done, this guy needs to get traded, this guy is not going to do anything, he’s not going to be able to catch anymore, he’s not coming back in 7 months like he says… it was one of those things where it was a challenge again. Alright, you’re saying I’m not coming back in 7 months, we’ll see.”
On being traded from the Padres to the Dodgers:
“It was kind of weird because if you come up with San Diego, that’s like the dark side. You should not play for them, you know. But I always had this thing for Dodger Stadium; I liked playing in Dodger Stadium.”
On his relationship with Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis:
“I was playing first base last year and I had A.J. at first and he said hey, do you wanna come play for LA? And I was like, if you want to take me. A.J. said yeah, we’d be good teammates and I was like, alright, does he know that I’m way younger than he is? I know I have a bad knee but I’m young, at some point I could potentially take his job. But that’s the thing about A.J., he wants to win.”
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Chairman Mark Walter backs Yasiel Puig, says yes, Dodgers can improve."
"I wouldn't give up on him now," said Walter, the team's controlling owner.
- Via Ben Kerr at Last Word on Sports, "Chaos at Pan Am Baseball." The games are currently being played in Toronto.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *