So... Another Clipper came to Dodger Stadium to throw out the first pitch last night, and like many before him was roundly booed by the fans. Paul Pierce, who went to Inglewood High School, had just signed a contract to come home to play, but gets little love from the Lakers obsessed city. At least one person in the stadium was happy to greet the newest Clipper, though. As evidenced in the photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015, Dodger reliever Kenley Jansen was all smiles when they shook hands. BTW, Pierce bounced his throw; which only elicited even more jeers from the peanut gallery. (You can watch it here)
Below are some links to check out:
- Are you Kosher? Well, now you can go to Dodger Stadium and eat foods more to your liking. Starting this homestand will be a Kosher food stand that will offer three kinds of Kosher hot dogs. It'll be located adjacent to Lasorda's Trattoria in the right-field pavilion. The menu: Kosher Dog and a Jalapeno Kosher Dog for $9 each, and a Kosher Italian Sausage for $10. The stand will be open at Dodger home games, except Fridays and Saturdays and Jewish holidays.
- Justin Turner has had a difficult past 24 hours. There had been reports all day yesterday that he went to the ER for a bad infection due to a pimple. Well, Dodger Talk host David Vassegh shares what really happened, via his twitter:
Just exchanged texts w/Justin Turner. He had an in grown hair that "blew up" and got infected. He has been at ER for 4 hours— David Vassegh (@THEREAL_DV) July 29, 2015
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Don Mattingly backs slumping, frustrated Joc Pederson."
"I didn't think he would strikeout this much. It's more than I want," manager Don Mattingly said. "But you still see the huge upside. Everything about Joc is really what I like, as far as his work ethic, what kind of teammate he is, and how he goes about his business. When you have the talent and you work at it, you're going to see improvement. It's not always easy during the course of the season."
- This is for any lid collectors out there. Via LA Taco, "Four Unique Dodgers Hats For the Stretch Run." (Hat Tip: r/ LA_ALLDAY on reddit)
- Check out who's on the cover of Beckett's newest magazine/guide called Vintage Collectors magazine - Jackie Robinson. It debuts at the upcoming National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago. Check it out on the right. Click pic to embiggen.
- Bob Lemke shares some Baseball history about a former Brooklyn Dodger, and it ain't pretty: "Former MLB pitcher (Jim Jumbo) Elliott part of lynch mob."
James (Jumbo Jim) Elliott, former pitcher with the Browns, Dodgers, Phillies and Braves, who made his last Organized Baseball appearance with the Indianapolis American Association Indians in 1936, was one of 13 named in an indictment in East St. Louis, Ill., July 14, in connection with the killing of a Negro by a mob near Paris, Ill., last Oct. 12.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *