In addition to coming out to Dodger Stadium on occasion to sign autographs for fans, Matt Luke likes to spend time with Dodger hopefuls to teach the fine art of the game. Featured above in a photo by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015 is Luke demonstrating the basics of pitching to a large group of kids in the bullpen.
Below are some links to check out:
- Happy belated birthday to Julio Urias. He turned 19-years old yesterday. To celebrate it appears that he retweeted every person to wish him a "Happy Birthday" yesterday. Check out his feed here: @theteenager7.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Kiké Hernandez about to reap rewards of his versatility."
"The best way I can help the team win right now is as a super utility," Hernandez said in March "I'm only 23, I don't see myself as a utility player, but at the moment it's what I have to do to help the team win, so that's what I'm going to do."
- Via Chi Davidi at SportsNet.ca, recently released Dodger outfielder Chris Heisey to sign with the Blue Jays.
- He should be reactivated soon. Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Justin Turner details his scary infection."
"It was scary. It's not a joking matter,"Turner said. "I didn't think it was that bad until I came in after the off-day and [trainer] Stan [Conte] told me I had to get to the emergency room. A couple days later, I was told it was MRSA. That's a pretty scary situation and they got me on all kinds of medicine to get rid of it.”
- Clayton Kershaw is now the 10th player in history to record at least 200 strikeouts in six straight seasons, via Steve Bourbon at MLB.com.
"It's cool when you get to be associated with those guys," Kershaw said. "I like consistency. When you look around at the Mark Buehrle streak, the Dan Harens, the guys that don't go on the DL that are around a long time, I have a lot of respect for those guys."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *