It was team photo day for the Dodgers on Friday. Check out the group pic above, via @DodgersPR on twitter.
Below are some links to check out:
- Don prefers to take it one step at a time. Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Are the new Dodgers settling in for the pennant race?"
"It's way too early for anything like that," manager Don Mattingly said. "We're just trying to win games. The pennant race, for me, is 'every night be ready to play.' It's like that all season long. It just gets heightened as the season goes along."
- Pedro Moura at the OC Register wrote a two-part piece on Baseball in Brazil. Check them out. Part 1: "Brazil has more than 200 million residents and is near other baseball powers, so why isn't it a major pipeline for MLB?" Part 2: "Brazil's baseball players feel like foreigners in their own country."
- Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times, "Here's a Dodgers' horse story even Vin Scully couldn't make up."
That’s right, there was a thoroughbred running in the Pennsylvania named after the Dodgers’ legendary broadcaster. And Thursday he settled into the eighth race in the post position right next to the No. 2 horse – Duke of Flatbush, which also was a nickname given to former Dodgers great Duke Snider.
- Panini America unveiled some preview pics of an upcoming set called 2015 Contenders Baseball; including the Team USA card of Corey Seager on the right. Go here to check out more pics. This set focuses on prospects from Team USA, the collegiate level and internationally.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy tells us about the upcoming 1st Annual Bobblehead Fest @ Jimmy's USA in Whitter.
- Blue Skinny Fan tells us about the Howie Kendrick Autograph Signing at Alhambra Nissan this past weekend.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *