With the World Series just around the corner I thought the above photo of the Dodgers playing the Fall Classic in 1959 was worth a gander. They faced off against the Chicago White Sox and eventually beat them in six games. In the above photo they played in front of 92,000 eager fans at the LA Coliseum. Photo via Lost Ballparks on Twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- Funny! Via Mike Oz at Big League Stew, "(California) Congressman who lost bet sings 'Meet the Mets' on House floor." Check out the video.
- Bob D'Angelo at Sports Collectors Daily shares some preview pics from 2016 Topps Gypsy Queen; including the Jackie Robinson and Sandy Koufax cards below. This set comes out in early April.
- Vie Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Jharel Cotton highlights Arizona Fall League Week 2 for Dodgers."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "It’s a good time to be Jose De Leon." Ron suspects that there's a good chance De Leon competes for a starting job next season.
- Via Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports, "Troubling trend in hiring is closing door on baseball's veterans."
I'm sorry, but as much as I recognize the importance of analytics, it is disrespectful for teams to overlook the value of experience when considering prospective managers. If the main prerequisite for managing is merely sharing and implementing the GM's vision, then a whole bunch of qualified people will continue to be shut out.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *