The Dodgers came out to the MLB Urban Youth Academy in Compton yesterday to hand out turkeys as a part of the 11th Annual Healthy Family Update and Turkey Giveaway. Via Ben Platt at MLB.com:
"This is my first time at this event," said (Billy) Ashley. "I enjoy giving back to the community, and Thanksgiving is all about being thankful and I'm thankful to be a part of this and to put some smiles on people's faces and some food in their belly."Photo above via @Dodgers on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
"This is my second year doing this," said (Tim) Leary. "I find it really rewarding and it's great that the Dodgers are involved, helping to keep families together or help putting someone who doesn't have a family with some food and other people is awesome."
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "UCLA, USC (and maybe one big arm) highlight 2016 Dodger Stadium Classic."
Four heavy-hitter college baseball programs make up the field at the 2016 Dodger Stadium Classic.
The games will be played on March 6 at Dodger Stadium and will feature a 3 p.m. clash between crosstown and Pac-12 rivals UCLA and USC, after the Big 12’s Oklahoma Sooners play the SEC’s Mississippi State Bulldogs at 11 a.m.
- Well this sucks. Topps just announced their 2015 MLB All-Star Rookie Team and Joc Pederson did not make the cut. Therefore, he will not be getting the ever-popular Topps Rookie Cup logo on his cards next year. Check out the complete list here.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kasten: Roberts' hiring a 'collective process'"
"At the very end with the last two guys, the owners met them as well, but it's fair to say we made a collective decision," said Kasten. "If there was one person whose decision mattered the most, I'd say it was Andrew. It really was a collective process, but most of it by Andrew along with Farhan and Josh."
- What this guy says. Via Anthony Irwin at Dodger Nation, "Dodgers Fans Right To Be Optimistic About Roberts Hire."
So, as the vast majority of fans are celebrating the Dodgers’ first minority hire in its incredible history who also happens to have battled cancer and overcome being drafted in the 28th round, what better way to make Dilbeck feel better about himself than to tell everyone to calm down?
Again, though, everyone is aware of everything Dilbeck points out. We just don’t care at this particular moment.
- Via Jon Heyman at CBS Sports, "Mark McGwire expected to become Padres bench coach."
- Here's some Time Warner/Charter news. Unfortunately, it ain't great. Via Reinhardt Krause at Investors Business Daily, "Charter-TWC OK May Slide To June, Thanks To Calif."
Jonathan Atkin, an RBC Capital analyst, in a research report Tuesday, said that "state regulatory bodies are taking on more of an active role in the CHTR/TWC cable merger. In California, an administrative law judge decision is slated for May, with a vote slated for June 16, 2016. This delay of approximately two months vs. the original timeline reflects the (law judge) acceptance of public interest group arguments to introduce evidentiary hearings."In other words, since the deal won't close til the middle of summer, at the earliest, you shouldn't expect any movement on the expansion of SportsNet LA until then. Heck, we might be looking at another year of Dodger baseball not being on TV.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *