With the year coming to a close the Dodgers are sharing a bunch of old photos from the past 30 years of Jon SooHoo's tenure. As you know, he's been the Dodgers official photographer for the past three decades. You can check out those pics exclusively on their Instagram account; using the hashtag #soohoo30. Go to this link to check them out. The photo above features two young Dodger prospects before they would ever have an opportunity to put on a Major League uniform. Meet prospects Blake DeWitt and Clayton Kershaw - "Before the Bigs."
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dodgers continue to show interest in Kenta Maeda."
- Former Dodger Jerry Sands has been claimed by the White Sox, via Jeff Todd at MLB Trade Rumors.
- A minor transaction. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Astros claim Daniel Reynolds off waivers from Dodgers."
- Panini provides an early peek at some of the 2015 National Treasures Baseball cards that will be hitting stores come early January; including the Joc Pederson card on the right. Go here to check out a bunch more pics.
- The other night the LA Kings wore some fantastic Christmas themed jerseys for their pregame skate, and auctioned them that same evening to benefit the victims of the recent San Bernardino shooting. Go here to check out the results. Surprisingly, backup goalie Jhonas Enroth's jersey sold for the most - at $4,000. Other sales include Jonathan Quick at $3,025; Anze Kopitar at $2,525; Drew Doughty at $2,275; and Alex Martinez at $2,025. The below are pics of the jersey's via the LAKings on twitter:
- Panini shares a bunch of preview pics of their 2015 USA Baseball Box Sets that include cards of some of the best and brightest prep stars in the country. Check it out here. It doesn't look like any current Dodger prospects is a part of this set yet, but I suspect a player or two will eventually be in our system as some of the prep stars get old enough to be drafted. Go here for a complete checklist. BTW, this set is now officially available in stores.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *