Although it's a bit too late to make a bid I just had to point this item out. The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes held an auction recently in benefit of the San Bernardino United Relief Fund that included the above team signed jersey. As you can see, it features specially made Star Wars jerseys that were worn for a game on May 24, 2014. Signers include Dodger prospects like Corey Seager, Chris Anderson, Jharel Cotton and Kyle Farmer. It sold for $305. Of special note:
The jersey was purchased at the game’s silent auction and generously donated back to the Quakes by the 501st Legion – Southern California Garrison (501st.com) and Cory Leeper (IG: @coryvader).Below are more links to check out:
- Here's some good news. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Ryu expects to be ready for Spring Training."
"I have no reason to believe I won't be ready for Spring Training," Ryu said.
"Other than throwing off a mound and going all out, I pretty much can do everything I want to do. I'm on a great program and everything is going great. No discomfort, absolutely nothing."
- Nick Cafardo at the Boston Globe notes that Hall of Fame pitcher Greg Maddux may be returning to the Dodgers.
Greg Maddux is expected to join a West Coast team — likely the Dodgers — as a part-time special assistant. Maddux said he doesn’t want a full-time coaching career. His son, Chase, is a freshman pitcher at UNLV and Maddux wants to spend time watching his games. He also enjoys traveling with his family.
“I enjoy working with pitchers,” Greg Maddux said. “If there’s something I can do to help a young guy think about the game more and what he’s throwing and why he’s throwing it, I can help like that.”
- Via Marly Rivera at ESPN, "Cuba's famed 'Hot Corner' gets visit from baseball greats."
“It was a lot fun. It’s obvious they love baseball,” commented the Dodgers' ace, who took part in all the events during the three-day tour. “They asked me to name an ideal U.S. lineup, and I mentioned a few players, but they kept telling me the Cuban team would crush them. I missed quite a few, so now I’ve really got to think about that lineup.”
- Even with a lack of significant trades or free agent signings the Dodgers are still considered to have one of the Top-Five rotations in Baseball, via Paul Casella at MLB.com.
- Via Bill Plaschke at the LA Times, "Don Newcombe, a link to Dodgers' greatness, wants to see more of it."
"Look at me when I talk to you," he says. "The Dodgers are the greatest team in history of baseball, and the Dodgers will be world champions again before I leave this earth."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *