Yasiel Puig made appearance at last nights Lakers game at the Staples Center and had an opportunity to greet Kobe Bryant before the game, via a pic on the right above by @Dodgers on twitter. Coming along with him was future Dodger starter Julio Urias. Check out the photo of two on the above right, via Beto Duran on twitter. No doubt the pair were good luck charms for the struggling hometown basketball team. They beat New Orleans 95-91.
Below are more links to check out:
- RIP, Monte Irvin. He was 96-years old. Per Samantha Burkett at the HOF:
“Monte Irvin’s affable demeanor, strong constitution and coolness under pressure helped guide baseball through desegregation and set a standard for American culture,” said Jeff Idelson, President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. “His abilities on the field as the consummate teammate are undeniable, as evidenced by World Series titles he contributed to in both the Negro and Major leagues, and a richly-deserved plaque in Cooperstown. He was on the original committee that elected Negro Leagues stars to the Hall of Fame, something for which the Museum will always be grateful.”
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Alex Anthopoulos takes long view of Dodger tenure."
“My mindset was not on going somewhere short term,” he went on. “I don’t want to jump around. I’m not someone who does that. I commit to somewhere, and I give everything I have and I’m immersed in whatever I do. I think that was reflected with me sitting down with my wife and my family and me deciding to make California home, and to really, really commit to the community, commit to the organization. If things come up down the road, I’ll evaluate them as they come, but my focus is not on any other jobs. I would be thrilled if this is where I spent the next 20 years.”
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Kenley Jansen, Justin Turner among 6 Dodgers to file for salary arbitration."
Joining the duo in filing for arbitration are catcher Yasmani Grandal, outfielder Scott Van Slyke, and relief pitchers Chris Hatcher and Luis Avilan, with that quartet going through the arbitration process for the first time.
- The Blowout Buzz blog has preview pics from the 2016 Allen & Ginter set; including the Corey Seager autographed card on the right. Check out more pics here. This set is expected to hit stores in July 2016.
- Per Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Youth in rotation: A bevy of Dodger starting pitchers under 30."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *