Dave Roberts has always looked good in Blue - both Dodger and Bruins Blue. Pic above via UCLA Baseball on twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Jon Heyman on twitter, the Dodgers and Scott Van Slyke have agreed to terms to avoid arbitration:
Scott van slyke, dodgers settle at $1.225M— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 14, 2016
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares the names of the Dodgers' minor league coaching staff for the 2016 season, here.
- Fantastic. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Hyun-jin Ryu throws off mound for first time since shoulder surgery."
Ryu, back in the U.S. on Monday to continue his training, more than a month before pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report to camp, threw long toss at Camelback Ranch before then throwing off a mound in the bullpen area just outside the Dodgers clubhouse.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Dodger first-base coach George Lombard is a most interesting man."
“Very, very high energy. He’s a players’ coach. He is high energy every single day. He has a love the game and a love to get better every single day,” said new Dodger assistant hitting coach Tim Hyers, who has known Lombard for two decades and coached with him in the Red Sox organization. “He is going to bring some energy, some passion and the desire to get better that day and go win.”
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Expectations key as Roberts meets Puig."
"I'm looking forward to spending time with him," Roberts said. "Any player that has success, especially as a young player, then there's injuries and you don't have the year you expect to have, I would expect him to have a different outlook in '16. This will be a big day for me and for him, our first opportunity to be face to face. I'm just going to be honest with him, let him know what our expectations are of him. And for the most part, players have higher expectations than coaches or even the media. It should be good."
- Via JP Hoornstra at the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, "Dodgers legend Maury Wills to be honored at annual gala."
Dodgers president Stan Kasten will present veteran coach Maury Wills with a lifetime achievement award at the Professional Baseball Scouts Foundation’s annual “In The Spirit of the Game” gala Saturday in Beverly Hills.
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Maury Wills is looking forward to working with Yasiel Puig in spring training."
"He asked me to work with him. Whenever a player asks you, you know that you are more than halfway there. You got him. It's when you have to go and pull him out of the clubhouse that it's difficult.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *