Here's another fantastic pic derived from an original photographic transparency. Featured above is Pee Wee Reese showing off his swing to the cameraman. It is dated to March 4, 1957, and was taken at Dodgertown in Vero Beach, FL. This is one of many different vintage color transparencies currently for sale through Hyee-Auctions on eBay.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Eric Mandel at MyNorthwest.com, "Littlest brother's shadow looms large for Mariners' Kyle Seager." Find out what big brother Kyle thinks of little brother Corey.
At the Mariners' annual FanFest event on Jan. 31, third basemen Kyle Seager was faced with a question he's likely been asked for years: Who is better, you or your little brother?
And, apparently, Kyle couldn't help but give his most honest answer.
"He's good, sorry," Seager responded to a cascade of laughs. "I'm sorry he's better; I'm trying, I promise."
- Via Justin Russo at Dodgers Nation, "Joc Pederson Attends Super Bowl 50."
- Matt Eddy at Baseball America noted on their Minor League Transaction page that the Dodgers re-signed Chin-Hui Tsao.
- Yeah! I get it. The Gurriel brothers have defected from Cuba, and I suspect every team in the league will be hot after their trails. Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors has a good rundown on them, here.
- Looking for some validation? Then check out Reuben Hampton and Jeremy Losak story at the Sports Quotient, "Dodgers Depth Enough To Win."
- Jeff Pearlman shares an fantastic interview with sports publicist Kelly Swanson, here. She is noted as the "biggest publicist in boxing" over the past twenty years.
- Wrigley Wax finds an glaring error in the 2016 Topps Baseball card set that features Wrigley Field. Check it out here.
- Wow. Via Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily, "Doug Allen Sentenced to 57 Months in Federal Prison." He was one of the auction house guys (Mastro/Legendary) caught by the FBI and prosecuted for illegal auction activities (like shill bidding) and the sale of fake/inauthentic goods. Allen was a heavyweight in the hobby. Now, he's going to jail.
- If you don't read Night Owl Cards then you're missing out.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *