Throughout Spring Training the Dodgers PR department sends out helpful daily notes from Camelback Ranch, and I am happy to pass them along. See what they've written below.
|(Dave Roberts, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2016)|
ROLL IT BACK: The Dodgers held their second full-squad workout of Spring Training today, with PFPs, bullpen sessions and batting practice in preparation for Opening Day, April 4 at San Diego. Los Angeles, in its eighth season training in Arizona, kicks off Cactus League play on Thursday, March 3 against the White Sox.
- Brandon Beachy and Alex Wood threw their first live bullpen sessions of the spring today on the minor league side. Tomorrow, live BP will be fully incorporated into the workout with a plethora of Dodger pitchers throwing to big league hitters on Fields 1, 2 and 3.
- Kenta Maeda, Julio Urias, Ian Thomas, Chris Anderson, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Jamey Wright, Lisalverto Bonilla and Jose De Leon all threw regular bullpens.
(Koufax and Kenta, pic via Jon SooHoo on Dodgers twitter)
ROSTER UPDATE: Today, the Dodgers released non-roster right-handed pitcher Brooks Brown.
DODGER ROYALTY: Hall of Famer Sandy Koufax stopped by Camelback Ranch today, greeting Dodger players and staff during a brief visit to camp. Koufax wasn’t the only Cy Young Award winner in camp today, joining Special Advisor Greg Maddux (four-time winner, 1992-95) and guest coach Eric Gagné (2003), who are both expected to be regulars in Glendale throughout the spring.
- 1956 Cy Young Award winner and Special Advisor to the Chairman Don Newcombe is expected in camp towards the end of March.
- In addition to Gagné, Shawn Green, Ron Cey and Eric Karros will spend time at Camelback Ranch as guest coaches this spring.
|(Agon doing SportsCenter, pic via @Dodgers on twitter)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *