The players on the 2015 Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, a Single-A club of the Dodgers, received their Cal League Championship rings yesterday. What a beaut, eh?
Photo above via a tweet by Jacob Scavuzzo. Below are more links to check out:
- I was never worried. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers' Seager expected to be ready for Opening Day."
"We're pretty optimistic for Opening Day," said (Dave) Roberts. "He's doing well. He's been a very good patient."
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA shares his report on, "Dodgers top prospects 2016: Yaisel Sierra."
Perhaps my biggest disagreement between scouting reports on Sierra and what I watched on video is the smoothness of his delivery. While Sierra has a quick arm and clean action overall, he shows some stiffness in his wrists and quite a bit of recoil in his October outings. I didn’t see a consistent release point and he had a tendency to pull himself offline and toward first base. It does appear on the brief film with the Dodgers that he has begun working to correct the recoil and keeping his upper body motion more in line with the target.
- Take a look at some preview pics of new Panini Baseball card being introduced later this year -- 2016 Panini Flawless, via Blowout Buzz. It is scheduled to be released on June 1st. Autographed cards of Jackie Robinson and Corey Seager are below:
- I think it's likely we'll be seeing some more Shawn Green Dodgers autographed Baseball cards this season. This is just an educated guess based solely on the below tweeted photo by @Celebzdirect:
Been a long week- last Friday @shawngreen15 was a professional as always signing some great cards for @toppscards pic.twitter.com/FJ8i4SPEnr— Celebzdirect (@celebzdirect) March 18, 2016
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *