Some folks play golf on their day off. Others just want to sit by the pool basking in the sun. Corey Seager, on the other hand, decided to spend some time with the folks at Panini America to sign some of his Baseball cards, as evidenced by a photo tweeted out by Beckett. A close up view of one of the cards is on the right, courtesy of Panini on twitter. As you can see, he is in the midst of signing some soon to be released Panini Flawless cards. BTW, he wasn't the only Dodger in attendance. Frankie Montas (pic link) was there too.
Below are more links to check out:
- RIP, Joe Garagiola. Marty Noble at MLB.com has a nice story on him here. Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Vin Scully remembers Joe Garagiola."
“I was very fortunate to know and work with Joe Garagiola,” Scully said. “Boy, did he surprise me as a broadcaster. Joe was always a funny and decent man, but he was a big surprise to me. When we got together in the booth, he was very serious. The part that surprised me was how well prepared he was for each and every telecast. Joe didn’t just rely on his experience as a player, but he did his homework and all of us benefited from his knowledge and research.
“I will miss his laughter and his love for the game, but most of all I will miss a deeply religious man, who had a great sense of humor. My prayers are with Audrey and his family.”
- David Young and Ryan Walton at True Blue LA provide a look at some of the new food offerings planned for the upcoming season at Dodger Stadium. (Link Here)
- Video: Dodgers manager Dave Roberts offers his thoughts on Alex Wood’s outing, Andre Ethier’s injury and more. (Link Here)
- Just in case you've been thinking about see an Oklahoma City Dodgers game this season this might be the day to go. Via Jacob Unruh at the Oklahoman, "OKC Dodgers to give away Corey Seager bobblehead." The giveaway will be on Friday, August 12th against El Paso.
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Vin Scully: 'Kind of embarrassing' to be focus of Dodgers' TV negotiations."
Said Scully: “It’s really kind of embarrassing for me. If it will serve in any possible way to get the fans to see more games, that is the thing I would be rooting for.”
Scully is famously averse to controversy. However, on Wednesday, the president of the Dodgers, the commissioner of Major League Baseball and the mayor of Los Angeles all invoked Scully’s name in urging DirecTV and other providers to accept the TWC deal.
“It’s a humbling feeling that they would even try because of me,” Scully said.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Louis Coleman has made most of opportunity with Dodgers."
So after one down year and one year mostly in the minors, how has Coleman found success so far this spring with the Dodgers? For one, he is healthy, which allows him to utilize his deceptive delivery, coming from the third-base side of the rubber.
"It's a bad visual for the right-handed hitters, and even for the lefty, that angle where the ball comes in from. He's getting some swings and misses, he's missing barrels," manager Dave Roberts said. "His goal was to come in and open eyes and be productive, and that's what he's doing."
- Via Blowout Buzz, Topps and Walmart have teamed up to create an pizza product exclusive card set for Walmart's Marketside deli's. No word on a checklist yet, but you can be sure there will be some Dodgers available.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *