This past Saturday was Dodgers Pride Night at the LA Kings game, and I was there to take it all in. Later today I hope to have a bunch of pics I took from the evening; including a brief look at the pregame Dodgers-themed Kings jersey's they sold at auction. Featured above is Kings goalie Jonathan Quick in Dodger "Whites," pic via the Kings on twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via David Krell at the Sports Post, "Durocher, Drysdale, and the Duke." David takes a look at short Hollywood careers of several Dodger players.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dave Roberts owes Kenta Maeda a nice dinner."
"I threw batting practice to the starting pitchers and they were all sharing Maeda's bat, a Japanese bat. They were thinking it was the arrow, not the Indian," Roberts recalled. "There were a lot of home runs with that bat."That prompted some good-natured ribbing to get Maeda to use a new bat."So he used an American bat, and I told him if he hit a home run with a different bat out of five swings, I'll buy him dinner," Roberts explained. "The first ball I threw over the plate, he hit a homer."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Lee keeps himself in running for fifth starter."
"He's got weapons, had a good camp, just get him over here in a big league game," said manager Dave Roberts. "Whether he's in the mix -- that remains to be seen."
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "Carlos Frias makes his pitch for Dodgers’ fifth starter’s job."
“There were some regulars in there for the Giants in their lineup,” (Dave) Roberts said. “To see the at-bats that they put against him, and to see how they went after him and the results, that was some information for us.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *