Yesterday afternoon Vin Scully headed out to Camelback Ranch in style, and Dodgers photographer Jon SooHoo was there to capture the moment. He was kind enough to share a pic on twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- FYI: Tonight is Dodger Pride Night at the LA Kings game against the Oilers. If you are going be sure to get there early. As has been tradition, the team will come out before the game for pregame warmups wearing some fantastic Dodgers themed hockey jersey's that they will auction for charity during the game. Also, Eric Karros is scheduled to drop the opening puck to start the game. You can check out my past stories on this event here: (2012-13) (2013-14) (2014-15)
- Along with Vin Scully, this year will be Maury Wills last as a Dodgers instructor. He will be retiring, via Lindsey Thiry at the LA Times:
- Video: Via SportsNet LA, "Clayton Kershaw discusses his performance against the Indians." (Link Here)
- Panini America shared a whole bunch of photos from their recently concluded 2016 Spring Training Road Trip yesterday; including a pic of Trayce Thompson signing some stickers as seen on the right. Go here to check out more pics that include Corey Seager.
- Via Doug Padilla at ESPN, "Optimism dwindles that Dodgers' Yasmani Grandal will be ready in time."
“If you look at Tuesday, and he’s back out there doing things and on Wednesday, he feels good, then it’s more optimistic,” Roberts said. “But when you’re looking at that point in time, the odds are decreasing. I think every player wants to be ready for Opening Day and that’s kind of the hard date. But it’s not worth the price if he’s 100 percent ready to go following that one particular day.”
- Andre Ethier hit the nail on the head in a comment he made in a story written by Bill Plunkett at the OC Register. He simply states why depth is so important:
“But that’s the thing that is nice about this team and the way it’s set up. They have a lot of depth and guys are able and ready to step up when things like this (broken tibia) happen. I think that’s what we’re going to see when things get going here.”
- Come on, now! Via Chris Cwik at Big League Stew, "No fun league: MLB bans personalized bat knob decals."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *