Last night Dodger Stadium hosted the 4th Annual "Ping Pong 4 Purpose" charity event in benefit of Kershaw's Challenge. Dodger players, other celebrities and even fans came out for a good cause and for a friendly tournament of ping pong.
As you can see, host Clayton Kershaw was seen sporting a fantastically ridiculous outfit for the event. Unfortunately, you can't see the best part of his ensemble in the photo above. As you can see in the photo on the right, Kershaw wore the most awesome set of socks... er, leg warmers?
Photo above via @Dodgers on twitter. You can also go to Kershaw's Challenge on twitter (@KershsChallenge) to check out more pics from last night. Go here to make a donation to Kershaw's Challenge. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodger History: In 1982 Steve Sax tied the Dodgers rookie record for stolen bases in a season at 40. He would finish the season with 49 stolen bases. In 1984 both Don Drysdale and Pee Wee Reese are inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. In 1996 Ramon Martinez regestered his 100th career victory. He defeated the Cincinnati Reds, 6-5.
- Happy Birthday, Julio Urias! He is now 20 years old.
- Podcast: Listen to Jonah Keri's most recent podcast featuring AJ Ellis, dated 8/12/2016 (Link Here).
- Via Isaac Chipps at ESPN; "Howie Kendrick is a big fan of vintage watches." There's a great video where he shows off some of his favorites.
- Via Jon Heyman at Today's Knuckleball; "Heyman: Dodgers still not sure on Kershaw."
Some Dodgers people in private moments will admit they aren’t really sure Kershaw will be back. And reading between the lines, that’s been pretty obvious for a while. Manager Dave Roberts has said aloud Kershaw’s disc issue may require surgery, and if it requires surgery soon, that would be it for baseball’s best pitcher, at least as far as this season is concerned.
- As expected the Dodgers revewed their affiliation agreement with the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes through the 2018 season. Per a press release:
"We are extremely happy to continue our partnership with the Quakes for two more years", said Director, Player Development Gabe Kapler. "Grant, Brent, their staff, the city of Rancho Cucamonga and Quakes fans work together to create an atmosphere and environment that helps our players develop every day. We are confident that our affiliation will continue to produce outstanding Dodgers player for years to come."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA; "Casey Fien pleased with third rehab outing."
“I feel good, I feel strong,” Fien said, after his one inning of work on. “I got all of my pitches in, a little too many more than I wanted. I get to come back and do it again tomorrow.”
- Here's some gossip. Via TMZ; "L.A. Dodgers' J.P. Howell Wife Calls for Divorce."
- Via Mike Carlucci at The Sports Post; "Junk Diver: Héctor Olivera." We dodged a bullet with this guy, eh?
- Panini has just shared a bunch of preview pics of their upcoming 2016 Immaculate Baseball card set; including the Adrian Gonzalez and Trayce Thompson cards below. Go here to check out a bunch of more pics. This set officially hits the market next week.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *